Shop The True Classic
True Classic Tops
True Classic Bottoms
True Classic Shoes
True Classic Accessories
1. Focal PointThis dress conforms naturally to the human body, providing the emphasis at the waist that is the True Classic Focal Point.
3. LineVertical emphasis combines with a defined high scoop neckline and a natural shoulder line to express the True Classic Silhouette.
2. FabricFabrics for the True Classic are most becoming when they are of balanced weave with slight texture and also balanced between soft and firm.
4. OrnamentThe importance of rhythmical matching in Ornaments such as earrings, gloves and handbag, is visible in this wonderful True Classic ensemble.
[RoyalSlider Error] No posts found matching your criteria.
1. Focal PointA shirtwaist blouse generally ends at the waist or Focal Point, but all separates necessitate extra simplicity and rhythm for the True Classic.
3. LineThe width of the cuff matches the slightly wide collar. The medium-wide ribbon in the hair and large-scale sunglasses reiterate the Omega theme.
2. FabricSince the Fabric is firm, this blouse for the True Classic needs to be somewhat Omega and it is. The smoothness of the blouse is matched in the hairband and gloves.
4. OrnamentThe contrasting Colour of the gloves, hairband and sunglasses provides rhythm and intensity. The tiny earring relieves the starkness of the Colour scheme.
1. Focal PointGentle tailoring supplies the waist Focal Point here, making a belt superfluous. The waist is also the balance point between the deep V-neckline and the pocket flap.
3. LineSince part of the True Classic balance is that of the horizontal and the vertical, the pocket flap, the purse and the watch provide the horizontal in this vertical ensemble.
2. FabricBy their nature suits provide the harmony of matching fabrics, satisfying this need for the True Classic.
4. OrnamentWithin a monochromatic Colour scheme the accessories are appropriately low key, but the metallic elements are critical because all-white would lack intensity.
1. Focal PointGenerally, turtlenecks end at the waist, allowing for a natural Focal Point for the True Classic.
3. LineThe circular Line of the ribbings at the neckline and wrists also serve to call attention to the circular Line of the shoulder seam.
2. FabricTrue Classics can wear Shine, Texture, Balanced Weave, Prints and Softness in moderation, but they need medium heavyweight Fabrics to look their best, as you see here.
4. OrnamentRhythm and intensity are supplied by the orange tones in the lipstick and nail polish, and the deeper orange of the circular hat and sunglasses.
1. Focal PointThe jacket darts supply the Focal Point in this case where the tight top balances the dropped waist of the loose shorts in this casual outfit.
3. LineThe tight Alpha top is in balance with the loose Omega shorts. The padding at the shoulders makes this True Classic outfit dressier than it would be.
2. FabricThe jacket and shorts are of generally equal medium weights and similarly smooth, balanced weaves. The T-shirt is equally harmonious.
4. OrnamentThe print of the jacket is just as much Ornament as the sunglasses and bracelet, all adding great intensity, although one bracelet would be enough here.
1. Focal PointSlight symmetrical pleating marks the waist Focal Point of the True Classic. The placement of the middle button reinforces it.
3. LineThe pocket details balance each other, but they also supply a necessary horizontal line. With a belt, however, this outfit would be too much for most True Classics.
2. FabricSince the fabric is somewhat soft, the jacket needs to be somewhat fitted and it is. The fabric is also medium weight with the critical balanced weave.
4. OrnamentThe dark hat and handbag match the buttons establishing rhythm while the contrast in Colour and in scale with the small buttons, large hat and bag, supply intensity.
1. Focal PointThe contrasting belt establishes a firm Focal Point to this True Classic outfit. A slightly wider belt and a silver buckle would be even better.
3. LineA slightly open Omega Line in the trousers balances the slightly fitted Alpha Line of the top. A medium wide belt would have acted as the point of balance.
2. FabricThe smoothness of the turtleneck is mirrored in the smooth weave of the wool pants, creating nice Fabric harmony.
4. OrnamentAlthough the idea that “less is more” is somewhat true for the True Classic, the pearls would not be so perfect without the matching ring.
1. Focal PointThe waist is the obvious Focal Point of this casual coat. Notice how the widths of the horizontal quilting reinforce this by narrowing as they approach the belt.
3. LineWith so many horizontal and vertical Lines, this is a complex outfit for True Classic, so the strong emphasis at the waist resolves and focuses the ensemble.
2. FabricFabric harmony is a key consideration for the True Classic. The change in texture from the coat to the sweater is almost a distraction, although the monochrome Colour helps.
4. OrnamentThe matching gold accents of the belt, snaps, zippers and tips of the hood cord establish ornamental rhythm that obviates the need for more Ornament.
1. Focal PointThe Focal Point of the true waist is underscored by the change from ribbing to flat knit on the dress, also demonstrating that every tiny seam is relevant to the True Classic.
3. LineThe exact conformance of this dress to the body is the overall statement. The narrow ribbing is repeated in the narrow contrasting binding at the neck.
2. FabricThis medium weight, lightly textured knit has a vertical ribbed bodice that establishes the theme for this simple but lovely dress.
4. OrnamentThe Sunglasses match the neck binding, establishing rhythm. A purse would also need to match and hopefully have some kind of narrow vertical detailing.
1. Focal PointThe True Classic Style follows the human form. The True Classic Focal Point is the true waist so a belt would be very effective here.
3. LineThe Line can be quite Alpha, or fitted, if the Fabric is soft, as it is here. The Line could be more Omega, or open, if the Fabric were firmer.
2. FabricFabrics should be moderate in shine, texture, print and softness. This lightly textured, slightly shiny, mid-weight dress also has the necessary balanced weave.
4. OrnamentOrnament is the source of intensity for the True Classic. Because the dress is so simple, the contrasting but matching simple gloves and hat supply intensity.