Shop The Refined Natural
Refined Natural Tops
Refined Natural Bottoms
Refined Natural Shoes
Refined Natural Accessories
1. Focal PointThe collar and cuffs bracket the Focal Point (the bottom of the rib cage), but a more emphatic emphasis would strengthen the Refined Natural Style.
3. OrnamentOrnament for the Refined Natural should always express rhythm or matching. The matching fur collar and cuffs double as Ornament here.
2. LineThe Narrow Alpha Silhouette is revealed in the slim sleeves and fitted bodice. A side-to-side differentiation is partially achieved with the side slit of the skirt.
4. FabricPrint combinations are a key element of the Refined Natural Aesthetic. Fabrics are firm, textured, of balanced weave, matte and medium in weight.
[RoyalSlider Error] No posts found matching your criteria.
1. Focal PointThe wide belt with gold details approximates the focal point of the high waist, although it would be better if it were slightly higher.
3. OrnamentRhythm, or repetition, is a necessary part of ornamentation for the Refined Natural, shown here with the gold details of the belt and necklace, mixed with the similarly scaled print of the jacket.
2. LineThe fitted jacket is very becoming for this Style but it's made even better by the layered fur piece on one side.
4. FabricThe Refined Natural is a Style that can successfully use very different fabric types within the same outfit, as you see done here.
1. Focal PointThis slightly cropped fur jacket approximates the Refined Natural Focal Point of the high waist through the ending point of the lapels.
3. OrnamentThe simple seaming on the jeans as well as the soft texture from the fur create the details that carry this ensemble. This look is ornamented mostly by the layering of the fur jacket.
2. LineThe silhouette of this look is quite Alpha, with the fitted jeans and fitted sleeves. The layering created by the lapels of the jacket and the flare of the jean bring the layers so integral to this Style.
4. FabricThe medium-weight firmness of the jeans is very effective, contrasted with the moderately firm texture of the jacket. This is good because The Refined Natural mixes fabric types.
1. Focal PointThis simple lace shift may or may not have a high waist, but the Focal Point could be added with a scarf or belt.
3. OrnamentThe fur stole adds texture, ornament, drape, and layering to this lovely textured dress. Even so, additional jewelry or layers would work well.
2. LineThe somewhat close fit of this dress provides the Alpha Line that the Refined Natural needs. The slight extension at the shoulder is also good.
4. FabricThe textured lace combined with the textured fur is a wonderful textural combination. The fur also offers an extra layer of texture for this style.
1. Focal PointWhile the puff jacket of this ensemble comes just to the waist rather than to the raised waist, the cut of the jacket appears to taper in at the Focal Point.
3. OrnamentThe cabled sweater works great as both ornament and texture, and the tortoise frame sunglasses carry the color scheme. The red boots distract, however.
2. LineThis ensemble has an overall fitted or Alpha look, even though the sweater is somewhat loose. The horizontal lines of the quilting are wonderful.
4. FabricThe jacket and sweater work well together, providing layers of different textures. The firmness of the pant helps to compensate for its smooth finish.
1. Focal PointThe Focal Point for the Refined Natural is the high waist. This fitted top may not have the Focal Point, but it can be added easily with a scarf or belt.
3. OrnamentThe Refined Natural uses Ornament to add artistry to outfits and also, as is done beautifully here, to add texture, detail and layering.
2. LineA well-defined Alpha or fitted line is necessary to the Refined Natural look. This design seems to show a defined Alpha line.
4. FabricFabrics for the Refined Natural are best with a firm weave, texture and printed detail. The knitted lace works well as both texture and detail.