Shop The Refined Gamine
Refined Gamine Tops
Refined Gamine Bottoms
Refined Gamine Shoes
Refined Gamine Accessories
1. Focal PointThe empire waistline is the Focal Point of the Refined Gamine. This dress is gathered under the bodice but the waistline would be even better a little higher.
3. OrnamentThe Earrings relate well to the dress but the necklace really doesn’t, reducing its effectiveness because the Ornamental rhythm is missing.
2. LineA narrow Alpha Silhouette and side to side differentiation are both distinctly visible in this wonderful Refined Gamine dress.
4. FabricFabrics for the Refined Gamine need to be medium in weight, firm rather than soft, smooth rather than textured, and of balanced weave, as you see here.
[RoyalSlider Error] No posts found matching your criteria.
1. Focal PointThis swimsuit has an ideal Focal Point for the Refined Gamine Style. The Focal Point is the empire waist, accomplished here by a bandeau.
3. OrnamentThe necklace repeats the color of the swimsuit and its beads allude to the shapes of the printed robe. This brings an appropriate rhythm.
2. LineThe Line of this swimsuit is very clearly defined, and is strongly Alpha. The small, circular geometrics of the printed robe are also great for the Refined Gamine.
4. FabricThe swimsuit and robe are both made of firm, medium weight fabrics. These fabrics hold the clean Lines that are so crucial for the Refined Gamine.
1. Focal PointThe Focal Point for the Refined Gamine is the high, bolero waist. Emphasis is placed high on the body using details like a seam, pockets or a yoke.
3. OrnamentOrnaments are helpful to achieve a necessary intensity. This look shows that earrings, hat, gloves, belt and bracelet need to “match” in order to create rhythm.
2. LineLine is the most important consideration for the Refined Gamine. Lines are clean, curved and often short and the silhouette is very Alpha, or fitted.
4. FabricFabrics are best when they are smooth-finished, firm and medium-weight, with balanced weave or no drape. Small scale, sharply defined prints define the style.
1. Focal PointThe Focal Point for the Refined Gamine is the high, bolero waist. Here, emphasis is placed high on the body with cropped tops.
3. OrnamentOrnaments establish intensity. Here, the shapes of the ornaments are small in scale or narrow, clean lined, rounded, and rhythmical or matching.
2. LineLine is the key element for the Refined Gamine. Clean, curved lines are emphasized through the use of very Alpha or fitted tops, sleeves and pants.
4. FabricMedium weight fabrics like polished cottons and firm t-shirts work well because they are smooth finished, firm and balanced. The small-scale prints really suit.
1. Focal PointThe cropped bra top establishes the high, bolero Focal Point of the Refined Gamine and the use of several necklaces emphasizes it.
3. OrnamentSince this outfit doesn’t use a print, ornaments add essential detail for the Refined Gamine. Matching chains work well to establish rhythm.
2. LineThe clean lines of this skirt and top showcase the Refined Gamine. Matching narrow straps in the top and sandals are also an expression of fitted “Alpha-ness.”
4. FabricThis medium-weight, non–draping or balanced-weave, polished cotton has a firm finish that holds the line well for the Refined Gamine.
1. Focal PointThe cropped bra top establishes the Focal Point with a curved line across the bust-line, in keeping with the curved clean lines of the Refined Gamine.
3. OrnamentThe studs inlaid into the top work because they are small, closely spaced and match the earrings. They serve as ornament, strengthen the line and add intensity.
2. LineThe top and skirt have clean, well-defined lines in this Alpha ensemble. The straps add intensity and keep the emphasis from dropping to the midriff.
4. FabricThis medium-weight smooth-finish fabric is probably stretch, but its tight weave and obvious body make it a good choice for a Refined Gamine.
1. Focal PointThe closely spaced geometrics of this fitted sweater define the focal point of the bolero waist with a variation in the pattern at just the right place.
3. OrnamentThe gloves, headscarf and hat work beautifully to add pizzazz to this outfit because they perfectly complement its patterns and colors.
2. LineThe clean Alpha line of the Refined Gamine is clearly marked here by fitted sleeves, torso and pants. The patterns and stripes accentuate the Line.
4. FabricNot every Refined Gamine can carry this outfit. Knit sweaters have texture, which isn’t great, and smaller-scale prints are better than these larger motifs.
1. Focal PointWhile the Refined Gamine bolero waist is not highlighted here, the curvy applique under the arm carries the eye and approximates the Focal Point.
3. OrnamentThe accessories show intensity and panache, but they are not truly in keeping with the Style's aesthetic of small, circular, sharply defined shapes.
2. LineThe fitted alpha sleeves, neckline and bodice clearly define the lines of this amazing Refined Gamine ensemble.
4. FabricThe small-scale, densely patterned print of this smooth-finished, balanced-weave cotton is a perfect vehicle for the Refined Gamine archetype.