Shop The Elaborate Classic
Elaborate Classic Tops
Elaborate Classic Bottoms
Elaborate Classic Shoes
Elaborate Classic Accessories
1. Focal PointThe first horizontal line of the underskirt of this fabulous ball gown indicates the lower hip Focal Point of the Elaborate Classic.
3. LineThe generally Alpha (fitted) character of the Elaborate Classic is apparent in the very tight bodice and is referenced by the narrow straps and back detail.
2. FabricAll the important Fabric qualities for this Style are here: firm, balanced weaves; smooth and shiny finishes; and slightly heavy fabric weights.
4. OrnamentThe White Flower in the hair, worn appropriately low at the back of the head, would be even more awesome if it did not match the ensemble.
1. Focal PointThe Elaborate Classic emphasizes her outfits at the true hip, as you see done here where the peplum is the Focal Point.
3. LineThe Elaborate Classic Line is medium-Alpha or fitted. This Silhouette also marks four points: shoulder (or neck), waist, hip, and foot (here, the floor).
2. FabricFabrics for the Elaborate Classic are firm rather than soft, of balanced weave, smooth rather than textured and of medium-heavy weight. Shine is good.
4. OrnamentOrnament is used here to establish intensity, but without needing to match the outfit. Here, the tie at the waist is also part of the Ornament.
[RoyalSlider Error] No posts found matching your criteria.
1. Focal PointThe slight fullness at the hip using Fabric that is quite substantial establishes the true hip Focal Point of the Elaborate Classic Style.
3. LineThe silhouette is Alpha or fitted, and relates to the body at four points: the shoulder, the waist, the hip and the foot. Lines are medium long.
2. FabricThe heavy ornamented Fabric of the skirt substitutes for a print and achieves a powerful statement. A belt smooths the junction of the Fabric types.
4. OrnamentThe wrist jewelry and earrings add intensity. Note the mix of gold and silver at the wrists—Ornaments that do not match just add interest for this Style.
1. Focal PointThe flare of the jacket at the hip provides the Focal Point for the Elaborate Classic, underscored by the introduction of emphatic Colour in the pant.
3. LineThe strong fitted Alpha Line of the jacket is combined with a slightly Omega pant that balances the drama of the outfit, respecting the Classic element of this Style.
2. FabricElaborate Classic Fabrics have shine, smooth finishes, balanced weaves, firmness and medium heavy weight, as evidenced in this stunning outfit.
4. OrnamentThe shine in the Fabrics is just as much Ornament here as the hat and purse. The rounded lines of the handbag and hat also balance the dramatically clean Lines of the outfit.
1. Focal PointThe dropped waist seam joins the bodice to a stronger design statement in the skirt that pulls the emphasis to the hip Focal Point of the Elaborate Classic.
3. LineLines are medium long and very deliberate in order to add intensity to the medium-Alpha silhouette of the Elaborate Classic. Note the slight shoulder emphasis.
2. FabricThe glittery medium-heavyweight Fabric adds intensity. The Fabrics also demonstrate a balanced weave and firmness, necessary to support the Line here.
4. OrnamentThe single necklace adds drama. It would be even more effective if the shape of the pendant mirrored the low-middle Focal Point rather than widen out at the end.
1. Focal PointAlthough it cannot be seen in this photo, the leather band will have to be used in some way to mark the hip Focal Point of the Elaborate Classic.
3. LineThe leather details illustrate the Elaborate Classic’s length of Line, the way the energy moves into the center, and the way the shoulder is also emphasized slightly in this Style.
2. FabricThe firm weave adjoined to the leather strip demonstrate how necessary firm, medium-heavy, balanced weave Fabrics are to achieving the Elaborate Classic intensity.
4. OrnamentOrnament is sparing for the Elaborate Classic. Here the strong statement of the leather stripe and a small earring fulfill the need for Ornament.
1. Focal PointThe large ornately embroidered exterior pockets clearly and creatively emphasize the hip Focal Point of the Elaborate Classic.
3. LineThe Fabric differences mentioned above necessitate the width of the belt, although this width does contradict the medium Alpha nature of this silhouette.
2. FabricThe common weave, weight and smoothness of the silk-wool turtleneck and velours-Lamé skirt would be more effective if they were the same Colour or shine.
4. OrnamentThe belt would become Ornament rather than a “Fabric bridge” if it were an unrelated Colour. In the absence of a strong shoulder, the earrings work to carry the eye upwards.